Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ash Wednesday 2016

Every year, around this time, I revisit this blog that I started for the Lent season.

I have been debating what to give up for Lent this year. In years past, I had given up things like chocolate, fast food, etc. I don't see anything wrong with doing something like that as a way to say, "I'm going to give up something I really enjoy as a sacrifice for what God did for me." However, I feel like it's too easy for that to turn into a self-serving "sacrifice". I mean, my real reason for giving up fast food was probably to save money. Others were likely for health reasons. (I'm not sure why I ever gave up chocolate - no sane person would ever willingly do that.)

I've thought about what I wanted to do this year. I honestly still do not have a clear answer. I feel like I'm getting close, though.

I have had a few things weighing on my heart for quite awhile. One of those is a call to ministry - I'm just not sure to what ministry, exactly. I've often thought that being a worship leader may be that call. It may still be. Right now, as I recover from my neck surgery and have no singing voice whatsoever, it's difficult to say. I'll admit that I still have a fear that it won't come back. However, I'm reassured that everything so far with this surgery has went better than I could have imagined. I'm also reassured by the knowledge that God is greater than anything I could possibly dream of - and if He has a plan, He will equip me for that plan.

I may start blogging in here again during this Lent season. I don't want to make a promise yet, as I'm going to pray on this and see where God is leading me. I'd like to ask that you would join me in praying for that, as well as a few other things as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment